Index of /files/4.23/
NEWS for strace version 4.23
* Changes in behaviour
* On x32 personality, 64-bit syscalls (such as readv) are now shown with "#64"
suffix instead of "64:" prefix. Unlike the old names, these new names
can be used in syscall qualification expressions.
* Changed error number output format: error numbers are consistently
printed as "-1 ECONST (Error description)"
for known errors and as "-1 (errno 123)" for unknown errors,
regardless of -e raw qualification settings. One can specify
-X raw for displaying raw error numbers unconditionally.
* Unfetchable addresses inside arrays are now printed as comments.
* Obsolete IA-32 mode syscall names are no longer printed on ia64.
* Implemented libdw backend for -k option, configured at build time
using --with-libdw option.
Whether -k option is compiled is now configured at build time
using --enable-stacktrace option.
* Added -X option for configuring xlat output formatting (addresses
Debian bug #692915).
* Added support for personality designation ("64", "32", or "x32") to syscall
qualifications in -e trace expressions.
* Implemented injection of syscalls with no side effects as an alternative
to injection of an invalid syscall (-e inject=SET:syscall= expression).
* Improved support for reproducible builds (addresses Debian bug #896016).
* Implemented decoding of BPF_PROG_QUERY and BPF_RAW_TRACEPOINT_OPEN bpf
* Implemented decoding of INOTIFY_IOC_SETNEXTWD and PERF_EVENT_IOC_* ioctl
* Implemented decoding of PR_GET_SPECULATION_CTRL and PR_SET_SPECULATION_CTRL
prctl syscall options.
* Enhanced decoding of bpf, getsockopt, setsockopt, and socket syscalls.
* Enhanced decoding of NETLINK_KOBJECT_UEVENT and NETLINK_ROUTE protocols.
* Enhanced decoding of *_DIAG_MEMINFO netlink attributes.
* Enhanced decoding of BTRFS_*, FS_IOC_*, SIOCGIFHWADDR, and SIOCSIFHWADDR
* Enhanced decoding of AF_BLUETOOTH socket addresses.
* Implemented decoding of io_pgetevent syscall.
* Wired up rseq syscall.
* Updated lists of ADJ_*, BPF_*, BPF_F_*, BPF_PROG_TYPE_*, ETH_P_*, FPE_*,
IFF_*, IPPROTO_*, MAP_*, MS_*, MSG_*, NETLINK_*, PACKET_*, PROT_*, SCTP_*,
SECCOMP_FILTER_FLAG_*, SEGV_*, SEM_*, SHM_*, SW_*, V4L2_CID_*,
V4L2_CTRL_CLASS_*, and V4L2_PIX_FMT_* constants.
* Updated lists of ioctl commands from Linux 4.17.
* Bug fixes
* Fixed decoding of msgtyp argument of msgrcv syscall.
* Fixed fallback definitions for F_*, MCL_*, MSG_ZEROCOPY, SI_*,
and SOL_SOCKET constants.
* Fixed -e trace=%pure expression on mips.
This release was made possible by the contributions of many people.
The maintainers are grateful to everyone who has contributed
changes or bug reports. These include:
* Andre McCurdy
* Chris Lamb
* Dmitry V. Levin
* Eugene Syromyatnikov
* Gleb Fotengauer-Malinovskiy
* Harsha Sharma
* Mark Wielaard
* Masatake YAMATO
* Zhibin Li