Index of /files/4.22/
Noteworthy changes in release 4.22 (2018-04-05)
* Changes in infrastructure
* The mailing list was moved to email@example.com.
* SourceForge git repository
(https://sourceforge.net/p/strace/code/ci/master/tree/) is no longer
maintained. Please use GitLab (https://gitlab.com/strace/strace/)
or GitHub (https://github.com/strace/strace/) repository instead.
* Changes in behaviour
* When printing string data, '8' and '9' following an octal escape sequence
no longer lead to unabbreviated octal escape sequence output, as they used
* Angle brackets are now printed as octal number escape sequences
in the output of paths associated with file descriptors.
* Data dump for write syscalls (-e write) is performed regardless
of successfulness of these syscall (addresses Debian bug #436284).
* -r and -t options are now affect output independently. Previously,
-r option led to ignoring of the -t option (addresses Debian bug #466195).
* Implemented delay injection (-e inject=SET:delay_enter= and
-e inject=SET:delay_exit= options).
* Added -A option for opening output files in append mode
(addresses Debian bug #528488).
* IPv6 addresses shown in socket information in -yy mode are now printed
* Enhanced decoding of bpf, prctl and ptrace syscalls.
* Enhanced decoding of BTRFS_IOC_INO_PATHS, BTRFS_IOC_LOGICAL_INO, and PTP_*
* Enhanced NETLINK_ROUTE protocol decoding.
* Updated lists of signal codes.
* Updated lists of BPF_*, BTN_*, ETH_P_*, INET_DIAG_BC_*, KEY_*, POLL*, RWF_*,
SCHED_FLAG_*, SCTP_* and error constants.
* Implemented block/character device number printing in -yy mode.
* Known pixel/SDR format names are printed as comments for pixelformat fields
in v4l2 structures.
* Enhanced decoding of kern_features syscall.
* Enhanced NETLINK_NETFILTER netlink protocol decoder.
* Optimized handling of large number of tracees.
* Improved wall clock time measurement in syscall count statistics
(-c -w option).
* Extended the range of allowed values in -e inject=...:retval= expression.
* Added i18n support.
* Updated lists of ioctl commands from Linux 4.16.
* Enhanced manual page.
* Bug fixes
* Fixed build on m68k.
* Fixed v4l2 pixelformat decoding on big-endian architectures.
* Fixed -O option.