Index of /files/4.21/
Noteworthy changes in release 4.21 (2018-02-13)
* Changes in behaviour
* Warning is now issued when -F option is used.
* Warning is now issued when a tracee with unsupported personality
* Unknown syscall numbers are now printed in hexadecimal form.
* Implemented decoding of netlink descriptor attributes as file descriptors.
* Implemented decoding of hugetlb page size selection flags.
* Implemented decoding of BPF_PROG_TEST_RUN, BPF_PROG_GET_NEXT_ID,
BPF_MAP_GET_NEXT_ID, BPF_PROG_GET_FD_BY_ID, BPF_MAP_GET_FD_BY_ID,
and BPF_OBJ_GET_INFO_BY_FD commands of bpf syscall.
* Enhanced decoding of get_thread_area, memfd_create, modify_ldt,
perf_event_open, reboot, s390_guarded_storage, s390_pcio_mmio_read,
s390_pci_mmio_write, s390_runtime_instr, s390_sthyi, set_thread_area,
and shmget syscalls.
* Implemented decoding of KVM_* and DM_LIST_DEVICES ioctl commands.
* Implemented decoding of riscv_flush_icache syscall.
* Enhanced decoding of getsockopt and setsockopt syscalls for SOL_NETLINK
* Enhanced decoding of BPF_MAP_CREATE command of bpf syscall.
* Print values returned by mq_open syscall and first arguments
of mq_getsetattr, mq_notify, mq_timedreceive, and mq_timedsend syscalls
as file descriptors.
* Added decoding of get_tls syscall on arm.
* Added -e trace=%pure option for tracing system calls with no arguments that
* Updated lists of IPV6_*, MAP_*, MEMBARRIER_CMD_*, MSG_*, NT_*, PKEY_*,
SHM_*, and TCP_* constants.
* Added manual page for the strace-log-merge command.
* Updated lists of ioctl commands from Linux 4.15.
* Implemented biarch support for s390x.
* Implemented an optional support for symbol demangling in strace -k output
(activated by --with-libiberty configure option).
* Information about availability of demangling and reliable personality
decoding (on architectures with multiple personalities) is now available
in strace -V output.
* Added decoding of pkey_alloc, pkey_free, and pkey_mprotect syscalls on
powerpc and powerpc64.
* Enhanced manual page.
* Bug fixes
* Fixed multi-personality support in cross builds.
* Added mq_getsetattr, mq_notify, mq_open, mq_timedreceive, and mq_timedsend
syscalls to %desc tracing set.
* Fixed path tracing support for mmap syscalls with indirect arguments and
for old select syscall.
* Fixed decoding of arm-specific (__ARM_NR_*) syscalls.
* Fixed open mode flags decoding.
* Fixed corner cases in handling of strace -ff -ttt logs by strace-log-merge.
* Error counts that exceed one billion are now printed correctly in call
* Fixed call summary header for x32 personality.
* Changes of tracee personalities are reported more reliably.
* Fixed the case when strace attaches to a tracee being inside exec and its
first syscall stop is syscall-exit-stop instead of syscall-enter-stop,
which messed up all the syscall state tracking.
* Fixed printing of higher 32 bits of the return value for x32 personality.
* A C compiler that supports "for" loop initial declarations is now required.
* Inability to configure multiple personality support on architectures where
multiple personalities are supported leads to configuration failure during
build now. Use --enable-mpers=check to revert to the old behaviour.
* Build-time requirement for the mpers support has been lowered from gawk 4
to gawk 3.
* Removed incomplete and non-functional support for the CRIS architecture.
* Removed incomplete and unused support for IA-32 mode on the IA-64